Sunday, June 1, 2014

“Today we are going to talk about a Queen…”


We decorate crowns that remind us how God used Esther's time as Queen for His glory.

We turn together to the first chapter in the book of Esther.

The story of an orphan Jew who becomes a queen. How our Sovereign God turns sorrow into joy, evil into good. 


“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive as they are today.” Genesis 50:20


Last week we discuss the first two chapters and this Saturday up to chapter four. As we read God opens my eyes to see He is in control over every situation. 

We wrap up for the next few weeks at The Center because the kids are on holiday from homework, tests, and lectures.

My Grandma goes to be with her Savior at the end of April, God is in control. 
I weep and remember her smile and laughter, He has not left my side. 

God is faithful! (Disregard the date.)


The kids are on break and I hop on an airplane to winter in May Minnesota, God’s timing is perfect.

God blesses me with encouragement from my family and friends. The same people who supported me to go to Africa welcome me back even amidst the unexpected homecoming. God provides. 


Esther goes before the king and is crowned queen. She has still not spoken of her people. 

Haman forms a plot to annihilate the Jews. 

Mordecai seeks out Queen Esther’s help. She is scared because the king has not called her for 30 days.

Mordecai gives her counsel “Do not think to yourself that in the king’s palace you will escape any more than all the other Jews… And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4: 13-14

God delivers His people from destruction. He uses an unforeseen orphan girl of Jewish background to display His glory. 

He knows when my Grandma got sick. He knows I am in Africa.

Yet, He also chooses to use a holiday break in school and to provide financially for me to be at my Grandma’s funeral. 

God’s sovereignty and provision overwhelms me! 

“But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:27-29




 Thank you so much for your support both financially and through your prayers! We are blessed to have such a consistent group of prayer warriors behind us as we are in Uganda.

Katonda Yeba Zibwe (Praise the Lord),

Ruth and Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment