Monday, March 17, 2014


Time.

 How do two polar-opposite extremes meet in the middle to form a balance?

How do I rewrite my life to put relationships above my schedule?


Time to play games with Yusuf and Jose
 
Why can’t I live as the Africans and walk casually along the street instead of being pushed along by a deadline I may not meet?

Where are my priorities? What am I putting first?

A few weeks ago we read the story of Jarius’ daughter from Luke 8 at Saturday Bible study.
Time to draw and chat with the girls.

Jesus has been busy. He has been teaching large crowds, He calmed the storm on the sea with His disciples, and healed a man with a demon. Now, He is asked to come to Jarius’ home, for his daughter is very sick.  

Jesus goes. As they walk through a large throng of people Jesus stops. Someone has touched Him.

“We don’t have time!” Jesus’ friends said.

He speaks with the women.

He doesn’t brush her aside because He has somewhere important to be, but talks with her, encourages her, and commends her for her faith.  

But Jesus always had time.

He reached out his hands and gently lifted her head. He looked into her eyes and smiled. “You believed,” he said, wiping a tear from her eye, “and now you are well.”

 

She was healed from a sickness lasting for 12 years.

Then, the bomb falls, “Your daughter is dead.”

If only these people wouldn’t have distracted us…

If only it wasn’t such a long journey…

If only I could fit you into my schedule…

If only…

No!

Jesus turned to Jarius. “It’s not too late.” Jesus said.

“Trust me.”

 Put your “if only” statements, your need to be busy, your fear of time in MY hands. Give it to me. Let ME control what you do with your time each day. Release it to me.

They went to the house. Jesus entered the child’s room and called her to rise.

There IS time.

Time for conversations. Time to run in the rain. Time to read the Word with friends. Time for big belly laughs.
Time to enjoy a sunny day at the pool with a great friend!


Time to be cleansed by the truth of the gospel.
The truth that Jesus gives me the strength to put Him first in my schedule. The truth that each day is an opportunity from God to use the time He has given me for His purpose. That is how there can be a balance.

 “…Jesus always had time”

 

-Quotes are taken from the Jesus Storybook Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment