Thursday, October 24, 2013


Fear, it is something I have struggled with my whole life and is something I fought through during the beginning of my time here in Uganda. Questions rolled around in my mind. Why am I here? What is my purpose? Which ministry is right for me at this period in my life? My mind was filled with doubts rather than the promises God has given us in His Word.

“He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24

The opposite of fear is faith. However, to have faith you must be willing to be placed in a vulnerable spot, where you are not in control, but are resting in the care of your Heavenly Father. Often we fear this unknown place, but in reality when we surrender this position over to the Lord we find ourselves consumed in His peace knowing that God is in control. What a joy to know that my faith rests in Jesus and that He does and will provide the exact amount I need for each situation.

            How amazing it is that the Lord turns our fears into blessings. What once were questioning doubts are now peaceful statements- I am filled with joy and God’s peace to be here in Uganda, to see God’s beautiful creation all around me and I know that the Lord is in control and will direct me to the exact ministry He has for me in His perfect timing.

“…God is love… There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.”

1 John 4: 8, 18

May the Lord be praised!

Ruth & Lydia
 
Some of the beauty of God's creation discovered as one afternoon we walked down to the Nile!

 
 
Yes, the "big rain" is heavy and cold,
but it is peaceful too because it is a picture that even amidst the fear of the storm God is in control!

2 comments: